Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Long time!

I have been started preparing for MBA entrances(while PEER lies in abeyance), although I know it has been a bit past high time.

I have been applying my motivation techniques to my preparations. One technique that I used (and which worked) is SOL.

Shout out Loud
It has been two days since I last touched by quantative problems' book (which means 2% days washed off from the preparation chart). It is obvious to realize my mistake now that it has has done the damage to my well-planned time-table. So, I AM ANGRY WITH MYSELF (to put it in my style, with the way my subconcious acted). Now, to get back on track , I shout under my skin "What have you done!!! You are going to study from the point of time called "RIGHT NOW"!!! This is my order and you have to accept it!". And then, as the mother explains the child with all her care after a session of scolding, I explain my subconcious, "See, whatever may happen, 2 hrs a day for CAT is good for you, taste it and you'll like it". Period.

It has been a month since this incidence. I have came to college (8hrs from home), did everything from making project reports to dusting my rented apartment, etc. and all the more etc. without skipping a single day of atleast two hours of CAT preparation. And I didnt have to MAKE MY WAY for the preparation, it just happened.

Just try it on yourself, and do give the feedback. Dont worry if it doesnt work the first time, two or three SOLs shall definitely be enough for you to get on track (when you really want to, but cannot due to any reason).

Will try to write again as soon as time and my quant book permits,
Till then, hapiness... :)

1 comment:

  1. If SOL doesn't work, I recommend SYH - Slap Yourself Hard.

    ReplyDelete